Join the Coalition of Arizona Appraisers (CoAA) on October 25th at the 24th Street Conference Center (1841 N. 24th Street, Phoenix 85008) for a 7-hour CE course, Navigating FHA. This course will be taught by COAA past president, John Dingeman, MNAA.
HUD was created in 1965 by President Lyndon Johnson. Since then, HUD regulations, old and new, can be difficult for the appraiser to navigate. This course provides concise information from the HUD website and HUD Single Family Handbook, 4000.1. Information from the Appraisal Report and Data Delivery Guide will also be presented. Navigating FHA will review current HUD inspection and repair requirements; thus, assisting appraisers in reducing their liability.
Upon completion of this course, the student will:
- have a general understanding of how to navigate the HUD website;
- know where to obtain copies of the HUD Handbook;
- know how to be notified of HUD policy changes;
- review old HUD inspection requirements;
- gain insight into HUD’s current inspection requirements;
- review old repair requirements;
- gain insight into HUD’s current repair requirements;
- know when it is appropriate to order an inspection by a qualified professional;
- and, have a general knowledge of HUD’s expectations in reporting requirements.
The class begins at 8:30 a.m. (Registration starts 8:00 a.m.) The fee to attend is $99 for COAA members and $139 for non-members for registrations received prior to midnight, Oct. 11. After Oct. 11, the fee is $139 for COAA members and $179 for non-members. Not a member, click here to join! Lunch is on your own.
The approval number for this course is 0918-1634.
We hope to see you there!